A Matter Of Balance
Many older adults have concerns about falling and limiting their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award- winning program designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase activity levels. The program consists of eight, 2-hour classes and focuses on simple plans to manage falls.
Participants will learn to:
- See that falls are controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to lessen chances of falling at home
- Improve movement, balance and strength
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, movement and strength
- Anyone who has had a fall in the past
- Anyone who has changed their activities because of concerns for falling
Admission is FREE, but registration is required because class size is limited.
Register by calling 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355) or going online to TexasHealth.org/Classes.